On this episode, David Arkow, Johnattan Ontiveros, and Danny Blumenthal recap the Australian Open, explore the growth of tennis analytics, and debate the GOATs of men’s and women’s tennis. You can listen to the HSAC Pod on Spotify or Apple Podcasts.
To Learn More:
- Novak Djokovic Is The Tennis GOAT: A Holistic Argument (David Arkow, HSAC and Sportico)
- The Australian Open Isn’t All That Friendly To Underdogs (Jonathon Braden, FiveThirtyEight)
- Jennifer Brady lone player from ‘hard quarantine’ group to move past third round at Aussie Open (Matt Walsh, ESPN)
- What Predicts ATP Tennis Rankings? Hint: It’s Not Break Points (Andrew Cohen, HSAC)
- Novak Djokovic’s Second Serve Doesn’t Look Like A Second Serve (Amy Lundy, FiveThirtyEight)
- Applying Multi-Resolution Stochastic Modeling to Individual Tennis Points (Calvin Floyd, RIT – now with the Sacramento Kings)
- Measurables Podcast Episode on Tennis Analytics with Brendan Kent (DraftKings) and Stephanie Kovalchik (Senior Data Scientist, Zelus Analytics)
The Harvard Sports Analytics Collective (HSAC) is a group of students dedicated to the quantitative and statistical analysis of sports. Check out our website at harvardsportsanalysis.org and follow us on Twitter @Harvard_Sports. Thank you for listening!