On this episode of the HSAC Pod, David Arkow, Danny Blumenthal, and Julia Blank recap the opening weekend of the NCAA men’s basketball tournament, discuss college basketball analytics, and make predictions for the rest of the tournament. You can listen to this episode, as well as past episodes of the HSAC Pod, on Spotify, Google Podcasts and Apple Podcasts.
To Learn More:
- Balance Wins Championships (HSAC)
- KenPom’s College Basketball Ratings (Ken Pomeroy)
- FiveThirtyEight’s March Madness Predictions (Nate Silver and Jay Boice)
- The Upsets to Pick in Your NCAA Tournament Bracket (Ben Cohen, Wall Street Journal; model by John Ezekowitz)
- Oral Roberts Plays Like Past Cinderellas (Jake Lourim, FiveThirtyEight)
- T-Ranks (Bart Torvik, barttorvik.com)
- HSAC’s 68 Facts: March Madness 2021 (HSAC)
The Harvard Sports Analytics Collective (HSAC) is a group of students dedicated to the quantitative and statistical analysis of sports. Check out our website at harvardsportsanalysis.org and follow us on Twitter @Harvard_Sports. Thank you for listening!